#93bombblast : Why Abu Salem Was Not Sentenced To Death?

Download PDF

Mumbai: Finally, The Terrorist and Disruptive Activity (TADA) court on Thursday sentenced convicts Karimullah Khan and Abu Salem to life imprisonment in the 1993 Mumbai blast case while two other’s Tahir Merchant and Feroz Khan got the death penalty. Question is, why Abu Salem was not given death penalty despite being the man convict. Answer is very simple, Government of India had committed to the Portugal Supreme Court at the time of extradition of Abu Salem that he won’t be given death sentence imprisonment more than 22 years because death penalty is banned in Portugal. 6D news had published this news on November 2, 2016 that Abu can’t be given death sentence because of the wrong commitment of CBI to the Portugal court.

6D had reported that Abu Salem can’t be given death sentence by Indian court because of the commitment to the Portugal court. click the link below to read the news.

Red Corner Notice: अबू सालेम के कानूनी दांव के आगे सीबीआई चारो खाने चित्त।

 

Abu Salem and Monica Bedi were arrested in Lisbon, Portugal for possessing fake passport and visa. Portugal Supreme court had allowed their extradition to India after Indian government assured court in writing that Abu Salem will not be sentenced to death or more than 25 year prison.

Abu Salem who was deported to in India February 2004. He was prosecuted for 19193 Bombay Blasts under TADA. Salem faces Death Penalty if proven guilty. Fearing death penalty, Salem had appealed in Portuguese supreme court and Portugal Court repealed deportation judgement in 2011.

A shocking revelation by our consulting editor Mr. Vivek Agrawal. To Watch video click the link bellow:

 

On 7th Sept. 29017, the court also awarded death sentence to convicts Tahir Merchant and Feroz Khan. Convict Riyaz Siddiqui has been sentenced to 10 years. Public Prosecutor Ujjwal Nikam said the convicts will get set-off for the time they have served in jail. Convicts have been given sentences for different offences, all punishments will run concurrently.

On June 16, 2017, the court had convicted six people, including the mastermind of the 1993 serial blasts Mustafa Dossa and Abu Salem. It, however, let off accused Abdul Quayyum, for want of evidence.

The blast killed 257 and injured 713 people. This was the second leg of the trial – in the first leg that concluded in 2007, the TADA court had convicted 100 accused in the case, while 23 people were acquitted.

All the seven accused were facing multiple charges which included criminal conspiracy, waging war against the Government of India and murder. The court had earlier held that prosecution proved Salem was one of the main conspirators and he delivered three AK-56 rifles and ammunition and hand grenades to actor Sanjay Dutt (convicted in earlier phase of trial under the Arms Act).

Salem, who was close to (Dawood’s brother) Anees Ibrahim and Dossa, took upon of himself to bring a part of arms and ammunition from Dighi to Mumbai, the court earlier said. This was “vital towards achievement of the conspiracy so that the weapons could be used to terrorise and torment innocent citizens of India,” the court had said. The trial of Salem, Mustafa Dossa, Karimullah Khan, Firoz Abdul Rashid Khan, Riyaz Siddiqui, Tahir Merchant and Abdul Quayyum was separated from the main case as they were arrested subsequently. Dossa died of cardiac arrest at JJ Hospital in Mumbai, shortly after being convicted, on June 28.

 

Download PDF

Related Post